Term Of Use
This agreement provides important information to you, including information about your obligations about your content, our limitation of liability to you, and your agreement to resolve any disputes by individual arbitration and to waive the right to participate in a class action. By accessing Bab Souq you are agreeing to the following terms.
Bab Souq may provide a translation of the English version of the Terms into other languages. Any translation of the Terms into other languages is for your convenience only and the English version governs the terms of your relationship with Bab Souq. Furthermore, if there are any inconsistencies between the English version of the Terms and any translation, the English version of the Terms shall prevail.
Your Account. In order to access and use some or a portion of the Services, you may be required to register with us and set up an account with your email address and a password (your “Account”). The email address you provide will be your email address, and you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You are solely responsible for all activities that occur under your Account. Therefore, you should protect your password and make your password difficult for others to guess. We advise users to use their first and last names in their usernames. Don’t use any username that is similar to “Bab Souq”, “Bab Souq.com”.
Using Bab Souq. You will post in the appropriate category or area and will not do any of the following bad things:
- violate any laws or our Prohibited Content Policy;
- be false or misleading;
- infringe any third-party right;
- distribute or contain spam, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
- distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm Bab Souq or the interests or property of Bab Souq users;
- impose an unreasonable load on our infrastructure or interfere with the proper working of Bab Souq;
- copy, modify, or distribute any other person’s content;
- use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access Bab Souq and collect content for any purpose without our express written permission;
- harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent;
- bypass measures used to prevent or restrict access to Bab Souq.
- include personal or identifying information about another person without that person’s explicit consent;
Prohibited content. Any post that contains one or more of the below prohibited content will be deleted, and Bab Souq reserves the right to permanently delete the user account, blacklisting the account, and/or reporting the content and the user information to Law Enforcement or the appropriate Authority.
- Alcoholic Beverages, Liquor, tobacco products, drugs, psychotropic substances, narcotics, intoxicants of any description, medicines, palliative/curative substances nor shall you provide link directly or indirectly to or include descriptions of items, goods or services that are prohibited under any applicable law
- Living, dead person and/or the whole or any part of any human which has been kept or preserved by any means whether artificial or natural including any blood, bodily fluids and/ or body parts
- Prostitution or any other service in the nature there of that purports to violate the provisions of Immoral Act or Indecent representation of women which violates the contemporary standards of morality and decency in the Arab society.
- Religious items, including books, artifacts, etc. or any information, description of any such item that is likely to affect the religious sentiments of any person or group
- Offensive Material intended for use in a sexual setting (including “bondage” and “fetish” items,) displaying sexual activity or portraying human genitalia in a “life-like” or realistic fashion
- “Antiquities” and “Art Treasures” not authorized for sale or trading under any applicable law
- Information or items that are defamatory, libelous, threatening or abusive in nature
- Information that is fraudulent, misrepresenting as to the nature and use of the goods or the services.
- Counterfeit, Pirated and stolen goods or unauthorized illegal services (services for which you are not licensed or permitted to do or do not have the authority to undertake).
- Items, goods and services that infringe or attempt to pass off any third parties intellectual property or rights of publicity or moral rights and or purport’s to breach any persons right to privacy.
- Electronically transmitting through any medium computer viruses of any type or any computer program that facilitates hacking of a computer system which the intent to damage a computer or computer network or intercept any personal data.
- Your information shall not include any hate content, that is derogatory or slanderous in nature that may directed to any individual or group or advocate violence against any users individuals and or animals.
- Hazardous chemicals and pesticides
- Fireworks, Destructive Devices and Explosives including any material that enables the making of fireworks, explosive triggers and explosive devices.
- Identity Documents, Personal Financial Records & Personal Information (in any form, including mailing lists)
- Lottery Tickets, Sweepstakes Entries and Slot Machines
- Military or Police Badges, Uniforms, coats-of-arms and or any Government emblems, insignia, and/ or items related to military or police that are not authorized for sale or trading under any applicable law
- Weapons and related items (such as firearms, firearm parts and magazines, ammunition, tear gas, stun guns or switchblade knives
- “Pyramid schemes” and “Multilevel Marketing” and/ or similar scams which are solely listed for the purpose of defrauding users.
- Spam, abusive, duplicate, listing, fraud schemes (e.g. “Get rich quick” “work at homes” scams which are solely listed for the purpose of duping users)
- Inappropriate, Wrong Category (e.g dining table listed as office furniture).
- Endangered animal species or animals advertised for fighting or offensive purposes
Abusing Bab Souq. Please use the flagging system to tell us about any problems or offensive content so that together we can keep the Services site working properly. We may limit or terminate our Services, remove hosted content and take technical and legal steps to keep users off Bab Souq if we think that they are creating problems or acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of our policies. However, whether we decide to take any of these steps, remove hosted content or keep a user off Bab Souq or not, we do not accept any liability for monitoring Bab Souq or for unauthorized or unlawful content on Bab Souq or use of Bab Souq by users.
The below practices are considered prohibited on Bab Souq;
- Creating multiple accounts
- Posting duplicate content
- Posting content with misleading titles, content, or images
- Posting content with inappropriate images
- Posting content under wrong categories
- Posting content with unrealistic prices
- Posting content with links redirecting to other websites
- Uploading images that contain names, phone numbers or contact information
- Posting content with prepayment or bank transfer options
- Posting generic content
- Posting multiple items in one post
- Posting wearable items without uploading images
- Posting scam or fake content
Content. Bab Souq contains stuff from us, you, and other users. You agree not to copy, modify, or distribute Bab Souq, our copyrights or trademarks. When you give us content, you are granting us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable right to exercise the copyright, publicity, and database rights to that content. If you believe that your rights have been violated, please notify us at Bab Souq Customer Support and we will investigate the matter. We reserve the right to remove content where we have grounds for suspecting the violation of these terms or the rights of any other party.
Reporting Intellectual Property Infringements. Do not post content that infringes the rights of third parties. This includes, but is not limited to, content that infringes on intellectual property rights such as copyright and trademark (e.g. offering counterfeit items for sale). We reserve the right to remove content where we have grounds for suspecting the violation of these terms, our policies or of any party’s rights. If you have a good faith belief that a listing on any of the Bab Souq infringes your copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights, all you need to do is notify us at Bab Souq Customer Support. Only the intellectual property rights owner can report of potentially infringing items or listings.
Fees and Services. Using Bab Souq is generally free. We may charge fees for certain Services. If the service you use charges a fee, you will be able to review and accept that charge. Our fees are quoted in Local Currencies or American Dollars, and we may change them from time to time. We will notify you of changes to our fee policy by posting such changes on the site. We may choose to temporarily change our fees for promotional events or new services; these changes are effective when we announce the promotional event or new service. Our fees are non-refundable, and you are responsible for paying them when they’re due. If you don’t, we may limit your ability to use the Services.
Posting Agents. As used herein, the term “Posting Agent” refers to a third-party agent, service or intermediary that offers to post Content to the Service on behalf of others. Bab Souq prohibits the use of Posting Agents, directly or indirectly, without the express written permission of Bab Souq. In addition, Posting Agents are not permitted to post Content on behalf of others, directly or indirectly, or otherwise access the Service in order to post Content on behalf of others, except with express written permission or license from Bab Souq.
Disclaimers and Limitations of Liability. The Bab Souq services are provided “as is” and “as available”. You agree not to hold us responsible for things other users post or do; including but without limitation, listings, or direct messaging between users. As most of the stuff on the Bab Souq comes from other users, we do not guarantee the accuracy of postings or user communications or the quality, safety, or legality of what is offered. We also cannot guarantee continuous or secure access to our Services. Notification functionality in our Services may not occur in real time. Such functionality is subject to delays beyond our control, including without limitation, delays or latency due to your physical location or your wireless data service provider’s network. Accordingly, to the extent legally permitted we expressly disclaim all warranties, representations and conditions, express or implied, including those of quality, merchantability, merchantable quality, durability, fitness for a particular purpose and those arising by statute. We are not liable for any loss, whether of money (including profit), goodwill, or reputation, or any special, indirect, or consequential damages arising out of your use of Bab Souq, even if you advise us or we could reasonably foresee the possibility of any such damage occurring. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of warranties or exclusion of damages, so such disclaimers and exclusions may not apply to you.
Despite the previous paragraph, if we are found to be liable, our liability to you or any third party (whether in contract, tort, negligence, strict liability in tort, by statute or otherwise) is limited to the greater of (a) the total fees you pay to us in the 3 months prior to the action giving rise to liability, and (b) 20 American Dollars.
Indemnification. You will indemnify and hold harmless Bab Souq and its affiliates and our and their respective officers, directors, agents and employees (each an “Indemnified Party”), from any claim made by any third party, together with any amounts payable to the third party whether in settlement or as may otherwise be awarded, and reasonable legal costs incurred by any of the Indemnified Parties, arising from or relating to your use of the Bab Souq, any alleged violation by you of the applicable terms, and any alleged violation by you of any applicable law or regulation. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you, but doing so will not excuse your indemnity obligations.
Personal Information. By using Bab Souq, you agree to the collection, transfer, storage and use of your personal information by Bab Souq.com Ltd (the “data controller”) on servers in different locations.
General. These terms and the other policies posted on Bab Souq constitute the entire agreement between Bab Souq.com Ltd. and you, superseding any prior agreements. This agreement is governed by the laws of the England. We both submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England. This will not affect your statutory rights if you are a consumer and applicable consumer law requires application of another law (such as the law of your country of residence) for certain topics. If we don’t enforce any particular provision, we are not waiving our right to do so later. If a court strikes down any of these terms, the remaining terms will survive. We may automatically assign this agreement in our sole discretion in accordance with the notice provision below.
We will send notices to you via the email address you provide, or by registered mail. Notices sent by registered mail will be deemed received five days following the date of mailing. We may update this agreement at any time, with updates taking effect when you next use the site or after 30 days, whichever is sooner. Send questions, comments or complaints to Bab Souq Customer Support.
Mobile Devices Terms
Application Use. Bab Souq grants you the right to use the Application only for your personal use. You must comply with all applicable laws and third party terms of agreement when using the Application (e.g. your wireless data service agreement). The Application may not contain the same functionality available on the www.Bab Souq.com website. You download and use of the Application is at your own discretion and risk, and you are solely responsible for any damages to your hardware device(s) or loss of data that results from the download or use of the Application.
Intellectual Property – Applications. Bab Souq owns, or is the licensee to, all right, title, and interest in and to its Applications, including all rights under patent, copyright, trade secret, trademark, and any and all other proprietary rights, including all applications, renewals, extensions, and restorations thereof. You will not modify, adapt, translate, prepare derivative works from, decompile, reverse-engineer, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to derive source code from any Application and you will not remove, obscure, or alter Bab Souq’s copyright notice, trademarks or other proprietary rights notices affixed to, contained within, or accessed in conjunction with or by any Bab Souq Application.
Last Modified: November 11, 2016
© 2016-2017 Bab Souq.com Ltd.